Design competition Van Gogh Museum carpet
On Friday Nights the Van Gogh Museum becomes a vibrant hotspot. Culture-minded young people from The Netherlands and abroad meet up in the Van Gogh Museum for culture, cocktails, guided tours, DJs & VJs.
The museum creates a platform for young talents on these Friday Nights. Rising stars from the world of pop music, theatre and dance, films and fashion show how Vincent van Gogh is a source of inspiration for them. It will come as no surprise that the carpet has now become threadbare, so the Van Gogh Museum is looking for a new carpet and its designer could be you!
In collaboration with Desso, the Van Gogh Museum is organizing a design competition, inviting designers to express their ideas about Vincent van Gogh and the museum by designing a unique carpet. Working closely with the designer, Desso will make the winning concept into a carpet that will be the showstopper in the central hall of the museum each Friday Night.
A panel of experts will judge all the entries. The top five will get personal feedback on their designs from Axel Rüger, Director of the Van Gogh Museum, designer Bas Kosters and Thomas Widdershoven, Creative Director of the Eindhoven Design Academy.
- Your design on show in a top museum that attracts 1,600,000 international visitors every year
- Mention of your design in all international press releases by the Van Gogh Museum
- VIP treatment on the Friday Night of the unveiling
- Travel expenses and hotel accommodation on the night of the unveiling
- One year’s free entry to the Friday Evenings in the Van Gogh Museum in 2015
So do you want 125,000 pairs of feet and eyes on your design each year? Fill out the form here to sign up for the design competition. Make sure you do so before 1 december 2014. For more information or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.